Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Banana Scotch-a-roo!

Yes, I made a cupcake this past Saturday that was a banana cupcake and topped with butterscotch cream cheese flavored frosting. Carol Ann thought I was crazy and no one in their right mind would buy such a flavor. But lo and behold there were buyers of the cupcake flavor and not only did they buy them but there were even a couple who said "wow how did you think of this?" and "this is a really great flavor combination!!!" Carol Ann of course thought I had paid them to say this in her presence!! But no, these were spontaneous comments.
Oh, let me not forget there was some snickering about the name also. Just where does the "roo" come into the name, she asked? I said, have you never heard of the oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips in them, they are called oatmeal scotch-a-roos. She had not and thought the name of the cupcake matched the flavor, both strange.
That's my story and I am sticking to it!!! LOL!!!

No comments: