Friday, May 23, 2008

Chocolate with a cigar



This is a chocolate cupcake with vanilla cream cheese frosting topped with one of those cookies that has the chocolate in the middle. I don't remember what the cookies are called, but cookie and chocolate can't be bad!! They look like cigars so that how we came up with the name.
I don't know if I have said this before but I had a really hard time finding the perfect chocolate cupcake recipe!! They would come out flat or overflowing and make a big mess or a big mushroom cap that would deflate while it cooled. I just hated making chocolate cupcakes. But I kept trying new recipes that I would come across and I finally found it!!!! The PERFECT Chocolate cupcake recipe. Every single time it comes out perfectly with a nice little round dome. never sinks, it has a great chocolate flavor, it's moist and best of all it is so easy to put together!! I will try to remember to make a copy and post it and give credit to whoever came up with it!! It is amazing the things that can make you happy and everytime i bring these out of the oven I just can't help but tell Carol, "I love this recipe, it makes me so happy!" and she just smiles and says I am happy it makes you happy!!
Ok, so I am up to date in the cupcake blogging. My son comes to visit for the long weekend and he is requesting a few different flavors to take back home to CA. so I am sure I will have more to post in the next couple of days. While he is here he is going to give me computer lessons so I may actually understand what is possible to do on this blog!! It's hard when you didn't grow up in the age of computers. You know the saying about old dogs and new tricks!!LOL!!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Oh my gosh Debbie what are you doing to me? It is 7 AM here and I am seriously salivating. Your cupcakes look SOOOOOOO good. And you really are a decorater. They look perfect to me. I think you are both doing a great job.