Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Marshmallow cream is messy...

So the other day at the store I was given a coupon for Nutella, so I had to buy two. It is always good to have something different on hand. I knew I wanted to make a chocolate cupcake I just wasn't sure what I wanted to frost or fill it with. Looking in the cabinet I saw the Nutella and marshmallow cream. I thought it might be interesting to mix the two to fill the cupcakes with and then mix some Nutella in the frosting to pull it all together. Made the cupcakes and since I found this recipe it is chocolate cupcake perfection!! I mixed the marshmallow cream and Nutella then filled the pastry bag. I had already put a little x in the top like I do when I fill with jam. So I inserted the tip and pushed in the filling mixture and nothing seemed to happen so I did it again and I thought it had filled and when I removed the tip a big chuck of cupcake came with it. So I cleaned it off and tried another, same results. Ok I am smarter than a cupcake so I thought I would just remove a small cone from the middle of the cake and I did. Now I start to fill the hole in middle and it fills but there is just no real control over marshmallow cream. It starts when it wants and it stops when it wants!! So I have globs of marshmallow Nutella mixture all over everything. But some did get inside the cupcakes. I only filled half of the batch. I filled the other half with just straight Nutella. Much easier and much easier to control!! Then they were both topped with Nutella flavored cream cheese frosting. I left coming up with the name to Carol Ann ( the other sister)

1 comment:

Naomi said...

And what name did she come up with? I am good at making up names if you ever need some tips.